Shocker - I gasped my way to take overall women's 3rd place in the Freedom House 5k today! My pace was not going to inspire anyone, catch the eye of any sponsors, or gain me recognition for form and style... However, not having any idea what pace Jax and I do our runs, I was tickled pink to come in under 24 minutes. Really - sub 8 minute miles is not that bad and the adorable medal gives me a little ego boost and hope for even better timing after some actual training ;-)Went to the gym afterward and did 10 miles on the stationary bike but only 10 laps -lol- felt like I was moving in slow motion by that point. Definitely a lot more winded trying to keep steady, so my endurance will need some major work.
Started snowing this evening - should be a fun run for Jax and I in the morning. Thanks again for the emails, texts, and Facebook posts of well-wishes.
Good night all. ~ Erica
No comments:
Post a Comment