Sunday, November 28, 2010

My How Time Flies

Sunday, it's now post-Thanksgiving.  Enough said? lol  Well, I have not been that bad, but I've not been a dedicated die-hard either.  Blizzard came Tuesday night - it was only whiteout conditions and bitterly cold temps - not really a lot of snow, so no real excuse there.
  • Wednesday ~ bundled up for the single digit temps and braved a 2-mile walk through the snow with Jax.  We followed up with a 1-mile walk later in the evening.  Mostly just stayed indoors, but I did do some situps.
  • Thursday ~ turkey day, I got in a 3-mile run before fixing the meal, but I ruined any benefit by having a wonderfully delicious ( read fattening ) meal and dessert.  City of Draper gets Kudos for clearing the running trails! 
  • Friday ~Gretchen saved me from staying at home and gave me Endermologie.  I followed up with two hours at the gym. 
    • 1 hour on the treadmill
    • 30 mins of weight training
    • 30 mins of bike
  • Saturday ~ 3-mile jog with Jax followed by beer and football ;-)  Probably safe to say no gains there.
So far today Jax and I did our 2-mile walk and I am going to the gym once I've posted here.  I am.  Really.  I do have to admit that winter temps make staying indoors way too attractive.  Just the thought of getting dressed in all the layers, scraping the windshield, facing the cold - it's all quite challenging in itself, let alone adding the workout ;-)
Well, even though we have winter storm warnings AGAIN, I am off to warm up the car and brave the elements to keep pushing forward (though I did make a lot of backward steps this holiday week).  February may seem far off, but I've now started on the 2 months + countdown toward D-day.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  Now go work it off!
~Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment