Friday, November 19, 2010

100 Days to Go!

Okay! It's official: Scottsdale, AZ -  Sunday, February 27th, 2011 is my first triathlon!
  • 500 yd. swim
  • 12.6 mi Bike
  • 4 mi Run
OMG!!!  What am I thinking!  ha ha 
Etymology of Triathlon:  from Greeks - tri meaning "three" + athlon meaning "contest" (I keep spelling it wrong and adding an extra 'a'  - Hmm, there really should be another syllable to eloquently break up that 'thl', right?  ;-)

Day 1 Workout:
  • Ran Jogged 2 miles outside with JAX, 1/4 sprints for 1 mile, walked 1 mile - Total 3 countable miles.  Even though running with Jax is occasionally a stop and go process, he is a great motivator and, I found out, a fabulous sprinter!
  • Biked 10 miles at the gym
  • Swam 15 laps (down AND back :-) but only did breast stroke and back stroke (still trying to visualize myself doing the front crawl - or is it the freestyle?!  idk ha ha) 
It is Gretchen's fault that I committed myself before my 40th birthday, therefore pitting myself against younger women!  I love the double entendre of the word committed...  Anyhoo, the age bracket changes at 40, so maybe if I do even remotely well, I will be especially psyched to enter into the next age group, with perhaps a little easier time - i.e. like a whole minute slower than the 35-39'ers!
I will post my before pics and stats maybe tomorrow?  Idk, I am running a 5k tomorrow just to see how it goes.

To Do:
  1. Find out what is a good lap time in the pool?
  2. Stretch and oh yeah, get measurements, ugh
  3. Get pics from Gretchen - yes - she already took those lovely befores - yikes!
  4. Find out when spinner classes are at the gym...
Thanks for the well wishes and support!  Please keep them coming - ask friends if they have any advice for me - especially on transitions and techniques! 
Erica

1 comment: